It’s Purple Hat time again! St. John’s has established itself as a key player in CLICK for Babies, a national grassroots campaign to educate communities about Shaken Baby Syndrome.
Purple Yarn is used to call attention to the Period of Purple Crying.
This year, the goal is for every parishioner to know what P.U.R.P.L.E. stands for:
P = Peaks at about 2 months of age
U= happens Unexpectedly
R= is often Resistant to soothing
L = can go on for Long periods of time (4-5 hours straight)
E = most commonly happens in the Evening
The Knit Wits have begun knitting and the Social Ministries Team has pledged their support. WILL YOU? Even if you do not knit, there are still many things you can do.
- donate new, soft washable purple yarn to the Knit Wits
- learn how to knit a simple hat at a yarn shop or at a Knit Wits meeting (1st Tuesday, 1PM)
- visit facebook.com/purplecrying and share one of their posts
- educate yourself further at ClickforBabies.org
Local Shops that carry quality, reasonably priced yarn:
- Northwest Wools in Multnomah Village
- Nitro Knitters, on Scholls Ferry and Nimbus
- For Yarn’s Sake, in Beaverton Town Square